QUICK MANGO-RUM UPSIDE DOWN CAKE

Hello Everybody!


I know, I know. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!" So sorry I haven't posted anything in forever. I was sick and just plain didn't feel like cooking or blogging or anything. I'm starting to feel a little better, but it was a pretty serious illness.

Enough pity party, lol. ON TO THE RECIPE! I decided I wanted to make a rum cake, but didn't want to spend FOREVER doing it. So I decided to cheat a little and customize a box mix.


QUICK MANGO-RUM UPSIDE DOWN CAKE

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup peeled and cut mango cubes (or fruit of your choice)
  • 1 (18.5 ox) box of Golden Cake Mix
  • 1/2 cup of rum plus water to make 2/3 liquid (or just 2/3 water)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup pureed ripe mango or fruit of your choice (replaces the 1/2 cup butter the box asks for)
***If you are going to substitute a different fruit for the mango, make sure you choose a juicy one, and you may have to put just a bit of the butter back in. Experiment with it.***

Direction:

  1. Spray bottom of pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
  2. Arrange mango cubes (or fruit) in bottom of pan.
  3. Blend cake mix, rum/water mixture, eggs, and pureed mango in large mixer bowl at low speed until moistened.
  4. Beat at medium speed for 4 minutes.
  5.  Pour batter into prepared pan adn bake immediately at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until wood pick inserted in center comes out clean.
  6. Cool for 20 minutes in pan.
  7. Loosen and remove from pan onto serving plate. (Makes 10 servings)

I'm typing this at work, so no pictures yet. Going to make it when I get home. I'll post pictures after that!

Hope you  enjoy!
~Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment